The user manuals included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: RESmart CPAP Machine and RESmart Heated Humidifier.
Review the Quick Reference Sheet RESmart Auto & CPAP for help with settings.
The RESmart iCode Quick Reference Sheet offers information on iCode functions and reports.
RESmart machines use a standard, 22mm hose and are not compatible with 15mm hoses.
RESlex Setting: The default setting for RESlex is turned off with a setting zero. RESlex is set in the Patient Menu. To access the Patient Menu:
- With the machine turned off, press and hold the Ramp button.
- The "Heater" setting will appear in the window.
- Step through the settings by pushing the "+" button. RESlex is the seventh setting.
- To change the RESlex setting, press the Ramp button one time, on the display screen a square next to the setting number will flash indicating it is active.
- Pressing the "+" and "-" buttons select the desired level of RESlex. 0=Off; 1= the least drop in pressure at the time of exhalation; 3= the most drop in pressure at the time of exhalation.
- Press the Ramp button once to set the RESlex setting.
- Step through the remaining 6 menu items by pressing the "+" button until reaching the word "SAVE"
- Press the Ramp button to LOCK IN any changes made. The screen will display will return to the ready mode.
- NOTE - If the settings are not locked in with SAVE the changes will not be in place when using the machine.
DelayOff with Humidifier Usage: If a humidifier was used during the therapy session, the machine will continue blowing in a 'DelayOff' mode at a very low pressure to cool off the heating elements. This is normal operation for the RESmart line of machines. This feature can be changed in the Patient Menu as detailed above for RESlex. Look for the feature "DelayOff."
When "Enable" is selected, a machine with humidifier will run at a low pressure to cool and dry the machine. When "Disable" is selected, a machine with a humidifier will turn off when the therapy session is ended.
Range for auto-adjusting: The RESmart Auto machine refers the pressure range with the terms MaxAPAP (highest pressure) and Treatment Pressure (lowest pressure). Some manufacturers call these the Max and Min pressures. The machine will adjust to the optimum pressure between the two. When in auto-mode, the pressures displayed on the screen under the word "Ramp" and the ramp time are the starting "Ramp" pressure on the left and the Treatment, or minimum, pressure on the right.
Filter Change: Remove the filter cover by depressing the tab on the bottom of the cover and pulling up on the flare at the bottom of the cover. Insert the filter with the smooth, flat side facing INTO the machine. The textured side of the filter will be showing when installed correctly. Snap the filter cover back in place. Never install a wet filter.
Humidifier Chamber: The humidifier chamber is sealed and cannot be taken apart. It is recommended to fill and empty the chamber through the top port. Alternately, the silicone plug on top of the chamber can be removed to allow emptying. To replace the silicone plug, set the chamber on a hard, even surface, line up the tabs with the holes on the chamber and press firmly downward.
Use with In-Line Bacteria Filter: Please note that an in-line bacteria filter will fit snugly onto the RESmart heated humidifier, but will not make a proper connection to the machine without humidifier. A FlexiTube Angle Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines can be used to connect the in-line bacteria filter to the machine without humidifier.
3B Products Manufacturer Warranty on the RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier: The RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier has a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.