The ResMed S8 Elite II is equipped with Easy-Breathe Technology along with new software, The CPAP now has a quieter motor and an improved EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) mode. The Easy-Breathe Technology is a new level in comfort and quietness. Use Version 3.5 or greater ResScan Software to check therapy effectiveness, compliance data, and periodic trends.
Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
- Users can choose a fixed CPAP pressure or an EPR mode 1 to 3 for maximum comfort with control. Adjusting the EPR settings allows the Easy-Breathe Technology to drop the pressure upon exhalation so that breathing feels more "natural". A pressure Ramp is also available and provides for a slow and comfortable increase to your pressure setting.
- The S8 Elite II offers an improved motor that outputs only 24 decibels at 10cmH20 measured at one meter away. The S8 Generation One motors average 30 Decibels, making the new motors 75% quieter.
- Fully customizable, the S8 Elite II has reminders for accessory replacements like your mask or machine filters. Take advantage of the remote downloading capabilities with the ResScan Data Card which provides comprehensive efficacy and usage data that helps you monitor critical trends on a breath-by-breath basis. The S8 Elite II allows for complete tracking and easy monitoring of patient therapy and compliance.
- Compact and robust, the design of the S8 Series is portable and user-friendly, including Auto Altitude Adjustment to make sure the correct pressure is delivered when you travel.
- The unit comes with a built-In power supply which automatically detects the DC input, which is ideal for travel. Please purchase the DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines.
- Also included are the Ramp and settling options that enhance comfort and help improve compliance.
YOU MUST USE the DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines
when drawing power directly from a DC battery source (no inverter and no humidifier). Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. ResMed S8 machines with a Humidaire heated humidifier (h3i and H4i) require a pure AC power source in order for the humidifier to work properly. The machine disables the humidifier when connected through DC Power. The machine and humidifier will both work properly only when connected to pure A/C power. You will need the DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
to operate both.