FlexiFit HC431 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
FlexiFit HC431 Full Face Overview
The FlexiFit HC431 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear by Fisher & Paykel offers several features unique to the FlexFit family. The cushion seals under the chin to offer a stable seal while the Glider Strap maintains stability during movement.
The FlexiFit HC431 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear, part of the FlexiFit family of CPAP masks by Fisher & Paykel, includes an under chin design with Glider™ Strap to make it easy to fit and use. This is a full face mask and covers both the nose and mouth.
- FlexiFit™ Technology
- Unique Glider™ Strap
- Under-Chin Design
- Advanced Air Diffuser
- Crown Strap on the headgear
- Easy Release Headgear Strap
FlexiFit Technology & Glider Strap
Fisher & Paykels FlexiFit cushion technology allows the HC431 to contour to the surface of the face to provide a good seal. With movement during sleep, the Glider Strap allows the head to shift without disturbing the seal. The headgear strap maintain equal pressure as the head moves side to side.
The Under-Chin Design offers stability by basing the seal on the jaw. If there is jaw movement during sleep, the mask seal remains.
Efficient Air Diffuser
The air diffuser vents the exhaled air. The design of the diffuser helps to avoid air blowing directly on a bed partner. Further, the directional tiny holes help to make the exhaled air quiet to increase sleeping comfort.
Headgear Design Features
The headgear of the HC431 includes a crown strap which offers greater stability and works in conjunction with the under-chin cushion design. A unique design feature of the headgear is an easy release strap allowing the mask to be removed in a single step.
The headgear of the HC431 is latex free, as are all other headgear by Fisher & Paykel.
This Product Includes...
- Mask Base: Polycarbonate (PC)
- Non-Rebreathing Valve: Polycarbonate (PC) / Silicone (LSR)
- Elbow: Polycarbonate (PC)
- Glider Strap: Nylon (PA)
- Glider Clip: Acetal (POM)
- Forehead Cushion: Silicone (LSR)
- Silicone Seal (S, M, L): Silicone (LSR)
- Headgear Lycra / Polyurethane Foam Laminate
- Pressure Ports Connector (Euro Only): Polycarbonate (PC) / Santoprene (TPE)
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Sizing Guide: Per the manufacturer the HC431 uses the same sizing guide as the HC432. When opening the sizing guide on this product page, only HC432 is listed on the guide. It is the sizing guide intended for both the HC431 * Hc432.
HC432 and HC431 Compatibility
432 silicone cushion and foam cushion insert will not fit the 431 frame.
431 silicone cushions made after April 2006 will fit the 432 frame.
431 silicone cushions made before April 2006 will not fit the 432 frame.
If you are switching from the HC431 to the Flexifit™ HC432 mask, the sizes run a little smaller on the HC432.
The manufacturer has stamped the part number (431 or 432) identifying the mask on the upright bar for the forehead support. The manufacturer did not include the alpha characters "HC" in front of the numeric characters.
Where do I find the size?The mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it offers a universal fit to each of the HC431 full face cushions.
To find the size of the cushion, turn the mask to look at the flat bottom of full face cushion. Large embossed letters spell out the words "S M A L L," "M E D I U M," or "L A R G E." The words are found near the rim connecting the mask frame to the full face cushion.
Headgear Type Variations
The original HC431 headgear has a headgear clip with a 2 point interlocking system. The newer HC431 headgear has a headgear clip with a slim indention used to interlock the headgear to the mask.
Please Note: The 2 point interlocking system headgear is only compatible with the original style mask. The newer HC431 headgear is intended for the newer mask only. The mask and headgear cannot be interchanged.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Help Me Choose - Mask
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
We would suggest you resize your mask to be sure you have the best fit. A mask that has an adjustment at the bridge may also be helpful in getting a good fit. Nasal pillow or nose cushion devices which do not rest on the nose are also an option.
It is not advisable to tighten the headgear to eliminate the air leak. Pressure from a mask that is too tight will cause bruises and even open sores if applied long enough.
Here are some suggested items that may help reduce mask leaks:
Silent Night Full Face Mask Liners
LiquiCell Nasal CPAP Cushions
RemZzzs Padded Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
+ See More
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
I have been getting my supplies here for some time. The supplies always arrive quickly and I have saved a lot. more...
Best mask for me, only 1.5 sleep interruptions according to my last 30. Been using this mask for 12 years now. more...
1 person found this helpful.
I've been using this product and model since I received my CPAP, over fifteen years ago! Very pleased!
Customer service - excellent, knowledgeable, patient, friendly, helpful thorough. They went above & beyond. This product works very well for me. Just what you would expect from the industry leader - Fisher & Paykel. Thank you, Cpap.Com ! more...
The straps and fabric parts and their attachments god dumbed down a couple years ago. Not nearly as robust as the older version. Since they no longer sell the older staps and fittings, you have to updage to this newer version. That said, it's really given me no problem. The older one was good for about a year before the velcro would curl back and allow it to slip off inn the middle of the night. I used duct tape to hold in place. I have not used this long enough to see if it has the same tendencies. -1 point Now the good par: until the silicone seal wears out after about 6 months, it's the best fitting mask I've found and pretty durable considering the abuse I've given it while camping. These two parts (strap, silicone seal) will give plenty of warning they are no longer effective. So I keep a spare silicone seal and head band in my kit and it works for me. more...
1 person found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportYesNoYesMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedYesNoNoSmall FaceNoNoYesWide FaceNoNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyNoYesNoClaustrophobicNoYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesNoNo