S8 VPAP™ Auto 25 BiLevel Machine
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereS9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
Get a tube brush for just 1¢ more when you add this item to your cart.
The VPAP Auto 25 uses VAuto technology to adjust automatically using ResMed's unique AutoSet algorithm. VAuto is engineered to prevent obstructions before they occur by responding quickly and accurately to flow limitations. The algorithm works on a breath per breath basis and automatically adjusts to find the lowest required pressure needed to prevent most snoring and apnea events. VAuto is so consistent in response to events it often adjusts on the very next breath after a flow limitation or obstruction.
Enjoy the new Easy-Breathe technology which offers smoother, comfortable pressure by synchronizing with the CPAP user's normal breathing patterns, allowing for a natural and stable breath. Easy-Breathe Technology imitates normal respiration that makes breathing more comfortable than traditional CPAP or BiLevel machines. The transition from EPAP to IPAP pressures is gentle and slides into an exhalation curve that feels more natural. The final result is a VPAP machine that is intuitive, effective and produces only 26dB decibels at 10cmh20 at a distance of 1 meter.
Additional features include the TiControl, Vsync and five sensitivity settings that provide additional fine-tuning to the VPAP Auto 25. TiControl allows CPAP users to set minimum and maximum inspiratory time limits that provide a range to accommodate treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and respiratory conditions. ResMed has also included five trigger and cycle settings that help manage patient inhalation and exhalation patterns. Vsync is unique to the VPAP Series that automatically minimizes pressure loss due to mask leaks. All three technologies help regulate IPAP/EPAP intervals through monitoring the breathing cycle (BPM) and Rise time.
The machine is suited with three mode options, VAuto, Spontaneous, and CPAP, proving to be one of the most flexible flow generators in the market, delivering all of the comfort available for successful compliance and treatment.
Key Product Features
- Vsync with TiControl breath synchronization
- Easy-Breathe motor and waveform
- Adjustable breath trigger.cycle
- Adjustable exhalation pressure profile
- Auto-adjusts for OSA events
- Adaptive learning to breathing patterns
- Mask Alarm
- Heated humidifier option
- S8 compact design
- Detailed downloads with use of software
- 24V DC input
Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE the DC-24 Converter For ResMed when drawing power directly from a DC battery source (no inverter and no humidifier). Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. ResMed S8 machines with a Humidaire heated humidifier (h3i and H4i) require a pure AC power source in order for the humidifier to work properly. The machine disables the humidifier when connected through DC Power. The machine and humidifier will both work properly only when connected to pure A/C power. You will need the DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter to operate both.
This Product Includes...
- S8 VPAP Auto 25 BiLevel Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- One Filter
- User Manual
- ResScan Data Card
- Power Cord
VAuto Pressure Support: 0 to 10cmh20
S Mode: IPAP 4 to 25cm H2O; EPAP 3-25cm H20
CPAP Mode: 4 to 20cm H2O
Ramp Time: 0 to 30 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to EPAP; user adjustable
Dimensions: 4.4'' x 6.5'' X 5.7'' (112mm x 164mm x 145mm)
Weight: 2.9 lbs
Filters: Single Pollen
Device Set-Up: LCD/Keypad
Data Storage Capacity: Display: 365 days summary data and 30 nights detailed data (up to 500 events per session. Data Card: 180 days of summary data and 5 nights detailed data (up to 200 events per session)
Electrical Requirements: 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz; 110 V, 400 Hz; 2.5A <140 VA (110W)(maximum power consumption). Instantaneous peak power consumption <340VA
Humidification: Integrated Heated Humidifier or Pass-over Humidifier
DC Power: Only use DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Converter for Resmed S8 Machines; otherwise, damage may occur.
Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer
Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
You must use ResScan Version 3.7 Software or newer.
ResMed VPAP Auto 25 and VPAP ST
The ResMed VPAP Auto 25 and VPAP ST use a different cord, DC-24 Converter For ResMed. Refer to the Respironics Battery Kit for ResMed VPAP Auto 25, VPAP Malibu & VPAP ST Machines for a battery kit for these machines
The optional heated humidifier will not operate with DC Power and will need a Pure Sine inverter. Do not run this machine on a regular DC to AC inverter. The DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Converter for Resmed S8 Machines must be used when using both the VPAP and humidifier.
The VAP Auto 25, VPAP ST and VPAP IV are not compatible with ResMed's Humidaire H3i Heated Humidifier. Please select the Humidaire H4i when purchasing a humidifier for this machine.
Cool Down Feature
All S8 and S8 II CPAP Machines utilize a "Cool Down" feature that runs the CPAP Motor up to 1 hour after turning the machine off. The motor helps to cool off the humidifier plate. You may hear a "faint blowing sound" when you turn the machine off. However, you can unplug the power cord and allow the heater plate to cool without airflow.
SmartStart enables your device to start automatically by breathing into the mask. Leak alert indicates when a high mask leak is present. If you have enabled Leak Alert, the SmartStart feature automatically becomes disabled. You cannot have both features enabled.
Leak alert indicates when a mask is leaking as a result from a poor seal, open mouth or the complete removal of a mask. The alert is audible as well as visible on the machine's LCD display. This is one of the loudest and audible alerts on the market!
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: VPAP Auto 25.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The S8 Series operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Battery Power for S8 VPAP Auto 25
- Machine Alone (Without Humidifier): The following are the options for using the S8 VPAP™ Auto 25 from a DC power source such as a battery.
- DC-24 Converter For S8 ResMed VPAP™ Auto 25 and VPAP™ ST Machines. The ResMed DC-24 Converter allows you to operate the S8 ResMed VPAP™ Auto 25 and VPAP™ ST Machines, which run on a 24V DC power source only.
- Respironics Battery Kit with DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen. This battery kit is a combination of the Respironics Battery Pack (No DC Cable) and the DC Converter needed for the S8 VPAP™ Auto 25.
- Although direct DC connection using the DC-12 Converter would provide much longer run time, if an inverter is used with the S8 VPAP™ Auto 25 it must be an inverter of at least 150W.
- Machine with Humidifier: When connected to a humidifier, this machine requires pure sine wave power. The following are options available to provide this.
- DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This inverter will convert DC power to the pure sine wave power needed to power both the S8 VPAP™ Auto 25 and humidifier.
- Respironics Battery Kit with DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This battery kit is a combination of the Respironics Battery Pack (No DC Cable) and the pure sine wave inverter needed for the S8 VPAP™ Auto 25 with humidifier.
The VPAP Auto 25 and VPAP ST come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. These VPAP machines run on 24Volt DC Power and must use the ResMed DC-24 Converter when connected to a DC battery. This cord is ideal for travel by recreational vehicle, boat, or any external DC batter that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the DC-24 Converter for ResMed.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- One of the following words or phrases: "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Inspiration pressure (IPAP) and expiration pressure (EPAP) are not required for a BiPAP Auto prescription.
Here are some of our top selling BiPAP Auto machines:
PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
+ See More
This machine is small, compact and lightweight, making it ideal for a small area; however it is incredibly complicated to program. I've had to call several times for help with things like adjusting the flow and setting up the humidifier. more...
3 people found this helpful.
I'm satisfied. I jumped from a CPAP at 9 to a BiLevel at 20/15. I'm getting restful sleep again.
6 people found this helpful.
This machine is better then the previous ones. Smaller, quieter and stronger. I am glad that I bought it.
11 people found this helpful.
machine is a little larger and heavier than some of the portable machines I have seen, but the humidifier makes it all wrthwhile. more...
8 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerResmedPhilips RespironicsResMedTypeBiPAP AutoBiPAPBiPAP AutoWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level28 dB25.8 dBA26.6 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatientPatient/Quick Setup
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight3 lbs1.56 lbs2.75 lbsEntire Weight7 lbs4.37 lbs5.1 lbsEntire Size12.5" x 5" x 4"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"Entire Package Size12" x 15" x 5"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"13.24" x 10" x 5"Machine Size Only4.4" x 6.5" X 5.7"6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"NA
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierHumidaire 4iDreamStation HumidifierHumidAirBuilt-In HumidifierNoNoYesHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedIntegratedBuilt-InAmbient Rainout ReductionNoDreamStation Heated TubeAuto ClimateControlIntegrated Heated HoseNoYesClimateLineAirHumidifier Water Capacity325 mL380 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-25cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2O4-25 cm H2OEPAP Pressure Range3-25cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2O3-25 cm H2OEasy BreathingEasyBreatheBi-FlexEPR with Easy-BreatheRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeIPAP=EPAPYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesYesMax Operating Altitude7,500 ft8,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100 - 240 V AC100-240VOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSMSD, OSYesData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareResScanDreamMapperResScan
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousYesNoYesTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYes