Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
The DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine is the advanced fixed-pressure machine in the DreamStation line by Philips Respironics. The DreamStation Pro offers advanced features such as SmartRamp, Auto-Trial, and advanced data tracking. The OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier with Heated Tube can be added to increase therapy comfort by adding and maintaining moisture in the therapy air.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
2% of CPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
The DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine is a CPAP machine designed with ease of use in mind. With advanced features built-in, the machine offers users the ability to monitor therapy effectiveness and will even adapt on it's own to better treat the individual. This is a CPAP machine that will provide one pressure throughout the night.
- User-Friendly Design with Colorful Display
- OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
- Auto-Trial up to 30 Days
- SmartRamp & Other Advanced Features Built-In
- Flex Family Pressure Relief
User Friendly Design with Colorful Display
The DreamStation Pro is designed with the user in mind. Tray style filters make taking filter in and out easy for regular cleaning and replacement. The display is front-facing for easy viewing if placed on an eye-level nightstand. The display is colorful and easy to navigate using the turing dial also on the front of the machine. The DreamStation Pro has an ambient light sensor housed on the top of the machine which will adjust the displays brightness depending on ambient light in the room.
OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier with Adaptive Mode
The optional DreamStation Heated Humidifier is an integrated humidifier that will attach directly to the DreamStation Pro. The humidifier is simple to use with a chamber that can be sat inside and the lid closed to secure the connection, unlike other humidifiers which require sliding chambers in and out. The chamber is dishwasher safe and has easily visible fill lines. Also available for additional purchase is the optional heated tube which will increase comfort by maintaining heat in therapy air all the way to the mask.
The DreamStation features Adaptive Humidification mode which can be enabled when the optional humidifier is connected. Adaptive mode will allow the machine and humidifier to monitor ambient humidity levels to automatically adjust heat settings to provide optimum humidity with a decreased chance of dryness or rainout. Adaptive mode can be turned off if a fixed heat setting is desired.
The DreamStation Pro features and auto-trial mode which can be used for up to 30 days. During this period, the machine will function as an auto-adjusting machine that will automatically adjust pressure during the night to provide optimum pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. After the auto-trial is complete, the machine will provide the pressure the user was at or below 90 percent of the time. Please Note: This is not an auto-adjusting machine. Once auto-trial is complete, the machine will not adjust pressure during the night.
The DreamStation Pro CPAP includes SmartRamp which an innovate alternative to traditional ramp. With SmartRamp enabled, the machine will monitor the user for apnea events during the ramp time. If an event is detected which requires a lower pressure than the prescribed pressure, the machine will provide that lower pressure until ramp time is complete or until a higher pressure is needed. If there is an event which requires the full prescription pressure, ramp will conclude. If no event is detected during the ramp time, the machine will slowly increase to the prescribed pressure at approximately 1cm H2O per minute.
Advanced Features Built-In
The DreamStation Pro has many other advanced features built-in, such as:
- Bluetooth: The machine can be connected via Bluetooth to the DreamMapper app on a compatible smartphone or tablet (not included). The DreamMapper app is available for iOS devices with iOS 6 or newer in the iTunes App Store or for Android devices 2.2 or newer in the Google Play Store.
- Auto On/Off: If enabled, the machine can start or stop therapy when it is detected that the user has put on or taken off their mask.
- Mask Fit Check: The DreamStation Pro has a mask fit check tool which will provide airflow and indicate if the mask has an adequate seal or not.
- CPAP-Check Mode: The Dreamstation Pro CPAP features CPAP-Check, a mode which monitors therapy effectiveness over a 30-hour period and increases or decreases the pressure setting by 1cm H2O from the prescribed pressure setting. CPAP-Check mode will only deviate from the prescribed pressure by a maximum of 3cm H2O.
- AHI Data: Nightly, weekly, and monthly AHI numbers are projected on the LCD screen to provide additional data regarding Apnea and Hypopnea events.
- Regular Reminders: The machine will populate a message regularly to remind the user to replace filters.
Flex Family Pressure Relief
The DreamStation Pro features C-Flex+ to help increase therapy comfort. Like regular C-Flex, it will lower pressure on exhalation, and in addition will soften the transition between inhalation and exhalation.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Carrying Case
- SD Card
- User Manual
- Blue Reusable Filter - Installed
- Light Blue Disposable Fine Filter - Uninstalled
Dimensions - Machine Alone: Approx. 7.6 in W x 6.2 in L x 3.3 in H
Dimensions - Machine with Optional Heated Humidifier (Excluding Air Outlet Port): Approx. 11.7 in L x 7.6 in W x 3.3 in H
Weight - Machine Alone: Approx. 1.56 lbs (24.96 oz)
Weight - Machine with Optional Heated Humidifier and Power Supply: Approx. 4.37 lbs
Dimensions - 80W Power Supply: 5.5 in L x 2.75 in W x 1.5 in H
Weight - 80W Power Supply (Without Cord): 1.03 lbs (16.42 oz)
Weight - 80W Power Supply (With Cord):1.21 lbs (19.424 oz)
Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H2O, 0.5 increments
Power Consumption: 80W Power Supply: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0 A
Dimensions - Carry Bag: 15 in L x 8.5 in W x 5.5 in H
Noise Level - Machine Alone: 25.8 dBA
Noise Level - Machine with Optional Humidifier: 27.9 dBA
Water Capacity - OPTIONAL Humidifier: 325 mL
Materials - Reusable Filter (Dark Blue): Polyester
Materials - Disposable Filter (Light Blue): Blended Synthetic Fiber
Operating Temperature: 41° - 95° F (5° - 35° C)
Storage Temperature: -4° - 140° F (-20° - 60° C)
Relative Humidity - Operating & Storage: 15 - 95% (Non-Condensing)
Atmospheric Pressure: 101 - 77 kPA (0 - 7500 ft)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: DreamStation Pro Machine.
Please Note: DreamStation machines are not equipped with a Mask Alert feature. The machines are not designed to sound an alarm or display the words "Leak Alert" on the screen. The Mask Fit Check feature can be used to ensure the mask is sealing properly prior to beginning therapy.
The DreamStation machines must be used with DreamStation filters and accessories. Accessories for other machines, even other machines by Respironics, are not compatible and will not work with the DreamStation. See the "Replacement Parts" page for the DreamStation machine to see compatible replacement parts and accessories.
If the optional humidifier is not purchased, the DreamStation will come with a standard, non-heated 15mm hose. The machine also has a setting for a larger 22mm hose if desired. Ensure the correct tube setting is selected for the hose being used so that effective therapy is provided.
If the optional heated tube is purchased and connected, the machine will automatically change the tube setting to 15mm and it cannot be adjusted. The optional heated tube should be washed regularly with warm water and a mild soap. Ensure the tube and all connections are completely dry before use. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though it will not heat.
The DreamStation will come with the dark blue reusable filter installed, and the lighter blue disposable filter uninstalled. To attach the disposable filter to the reusable filter, place it underneath the reusable filter with the slotted side facing up, and the longer edge facing the side of the reusable filter that faces the outside of the machine. Line up the filters and press the reusable filter down to connect the two together, then slide the combined filters into the machine.
The optional humidifier has replaceable parts such as the dry box assembly, lid seal, and dry box seals that should be replaced if damaged or worn. See the replacement parts section of this page to view all available parts. The humidifier chamber is dishwasher safe and should be washed regularly to avoid mineral deposits and ensure cleanliness. When removing the water chamber and placing back in the humidifier, carefully use both hands to hold the chamber steady to avoid spilling of water into the humidifier or machine. Do not exceed the max fill lines on the chamber or water may escape out of the chamber.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Power Supply and DC Cable Tips
The 80 watt power supply included with the DreamStation machine will power the optional heated humidifier and heated tube. The power supply is found behind the divider inside the carry bag with the look and hoop fasteners. The DreamStation power supply is the only power supply that will work with the DreamStation machines. Power supplies for other machines including previous Respironics machines, are not compatible. Similarly, the DreamStation-specific DC cable is the only DC cable compatible with the DreamStation machines, other DC cables will not work.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The DreamStation 80W power supply is compatible with 100 - 240 V AC power. If used internationally, a wall plug adapter must be used, such as the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs. The 80 Watt Power Supply does not come with a cord that connects to the wall. You can find that part here
The shielded DC cord allows a DreamStation machine to be plugged in to a cigarette-style DC outlet to be powered while away from AC power. The shielded DC cord will power the machine, humidifier, and heated tube. This DC cord is compatible with DreamStation machines only and is not compatible with any other machine.
The Portable Outlet is a great way to power this CPAP machine, as well as many others. The Portable Outlet converts the battery's stored DC power into convenient outlet power, allowing you to power any CPAP machine or electrical device using the main power supply that came with the device. The Portable Outlet is so versatile it can power TVs, stereos, blenders... anything! It also includes convenient USB ports that allow you to charge your phone or tablet while charging your CPAP.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Add the DreamStation 12V Power Adapter for Freedom CPAP Travel Battery Packs to connect the DreamStation Pro CPAP to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
The Respironics Lithium Ion Travel Battery Kit is intended for use with 50 Series, 60 Series, and DreamStation machines. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) mode is designed to help the battery kick in automatically if AC power fails. This mode ensures power is never lost to the CPAP machine, even after power from the outlet is disconnected. When AC power is available again, the battery will be bypassed, and AC will resume powering the machine. The battery weighs 2.25 lbs and is FAA approved for use on flights. The kit includes a travel case, device cord, and 50 Series adapters used to connect the machine to the battery as well as connect the battery to the power supply for charging. This kit does not include a power supply as it is designed to operate from the machine's power supply.
The manufacturer states the Respironics battery has a run time of 14 hours with a pressure of 10cm H20 or lower, excluding a heated tube humidifier.