"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis is the quietest, simplest BiPAP machine I've ever used, and I have used many. Love the auto start function."
August 3, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERBest machine I ever used, so silent and smart, I also loved the smartphone app. Very happy."
October 8, 2016
The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto Machine is sleek, user-friendly bilevel machine with auto-adjusting pressure. Advanced data is recorded and can be viewed in multiple ways to track therapy effectiveness. Add the OPTIONAL heated humidifier which features an easy maintenance chamber for increased comfort.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
61% of BiLevel Machine product buyers choose this product.
The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto Machine features a colorful display, advanced data tracking, and integration with the optional heated humidifier to provide the user with an effective, easy-to-use system. This is an auto-adjusting bi-level machine that automatically adjusts during the night to provide two distinct pressures for inhalation and exhalation.
- Auto-Adjusting Therapy
- Sleek Design with Colorful Display
- OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
- Advanced Features & Data Tracking
The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto is a bilevel machine that provides one distinct higher pressure for inhalation, and a separate lower pressure for exhalation. During therapy the machine will monitor the user on a breath-by-breath basis and remain at a lower pressure until an event is detected. When an event is detected that requires a higher pressure, the machine will automatically increase to the needed pressure and return to a lower pressure when the event has concluded.
Sleek Design with Colorful Display
The DreamStation BiPAP® is a sleek white color and measures 7.6 inches long, 6.2 inches wide, 3.3 inches tall, and weighs 2.94 pounds. The machine has a front-facing color display with a large navigation dial that is turned and pressed to navigate menus and settings. The machine has an ambient light sensor that will automatically adjust the display brightness according to ambient light levels. The machine has tray style filters that slide in and out of the machine easily for cleaning and replacement. The filters are colored with the darker blue being the washable reusable filter, and the light blue being the disposable filter.
OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier
The optional heated humidifier is an integrated humidifier that attaches the to the back of the machine to help minimize the footprint on a nightstand. The water chamber is dishwasher safe and is easily put in and taken out of the humidifier by sitting inside and closing the lid which secures the chamber in place and seals the connections. The humidifier can be set in a fixed heat setting of 0 (off) to 5 (highest heat) or can be set in Adaptive mode which will monitor ambient humidity and adjust heat as needed to provide optimum humidity while helping reduce rainout.
Also available for additional purchase is the optional heated tube which connects to the humidifier and can be set to a fixed setting of 0 (no heat) or 5 (highest heat) or can be used in the adaptive mode to adjust heat automatically. The heated tube is a slim style 15mm hose and the machine will automatically adjust to the 15mm setting when it is plugged in. The heated tube can also be plugged into the machine directly if the humidifier is not used, but it will not heat.
Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto has Bi-Flex pressure relief to increase therapy comfort and help mimic a natural breathing pattern. Bi-Flex softens the transition between inhalation and exhalation and will adjust automatically to match the adjusted pressure of the machine as it changes pressure during therapy.
Advanced Features & Data Tracking
The DreamStation Auto BiPAP® has many advanced features included to help the user track and monitor therapy effectiveness. Some of the incorporated features include:
- SmartRamp: Unlike traditional ramp that increases pressure constantly over a set amount of time, SmartRamp will monitor the user and increase pressure only if an event occurs. During SmartRamp if an event requires which requires the lowest pressure of the BiPAP® range, ramp will conclude. Traditional ramp is also available if desired. The BiPAP® therapy range must be greater than 4 cm H2O in order for ramp to be used.
- Advanced Data Displayed: The machine will show on-screen advanced data such as AHI, Periodic Breathing, Leak Rate, and Therapy Hours.
- Mask Fit Check: This feature will provide airflow to the mask and display if leaks are detected in the mask. As the mask is adjusted the machine's display will update to advise if a proper fit is detected.
- Auto On/Off: The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto can detect if the user has their mask on or off and will begin or stop therapy accordingly, if enabled.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth is built-in to connect to the DreamMapper app to track therapy. The DreamMapper app is available on compatible iOS and Android devices (not included) and can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store. DreamMapper is compatible with iOS 6 or newer and Android 2.2 or newer.
- Regular Alerts/Reminders: Every 30 days the machine will show a reminder to change filters.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Carrying Case
- SD Card
- User Manual
- Blue Reusable Filter - Installed
- Light Blue Disposable Fine Filter - Uninstalled
Dimensions - Machine Alone: Approx. 7.6 in W x 6.2 in L x 3.3 in H
Available Modes: Fixed-Pressure CPAP, BiPAP, BiPAP Auto
Dimensions - Machine with Optional Heated Humidifier (Excluding Air Outlet Port): Approx. 11.7 in L x 7.6 in W x 3.3 in H
Weight - Machine Alone: Approx. 1.56 lbs (24.96 oz)
Weight - Machine with Optional Heated Humidifier and Power Supply: Approx. 4.37 lbs
Dimensions - 80W Power Supply: 5.5 in L x 2.75 in W x 1.5 in H
Weight - 80W Power Supply (Without Cord): 1.03 lbs (16.42 oz)
Weight - 80W Power Supply (With Cord):1.21 lbs (19.424 oz)
Pressure Range: 4-25 cm H2O, 0.5 increments
Power Consumption: 80W Power Supply: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0 A
Dimensions - Carry Bag: 15 in L x 8.5 in W x 5.5 in H
Noise Level - Machine Alone: 25.8 dBA
Noise Level - Machine with Optional Humidifier: 27.9 dBA
Water Capacity - OPTIONAL Humidifier: 325 mL
Materials - Reusable Filter (Dark Blue): Polyester
Materials - Disposable Filter (Light Blue): Blended Synthetic Fiber
Operating Temperature: 41° - 95° F (5° - 35° C)
Storage Temperature: -4° - 140° F (-20° - 60° C)
Relative Humidity - Operating & Storage: 15 - 95% (Non-Condensing)
Atmospheric Pressure: 101 - 77 kPA (0 - 7500 ft)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: DreamStation BiPAP® Auto.
Please Note: DreamStation machines are not equipped with a Mask Alert feature. The machines are not designed to sound an alarm or display the words "Leak Alert" on the screen. The Mask Fit Check feature can be used to ensure the mask is sealing properly prior to beginning therapy.
The DreamStation machines must be used with DreamStation filters and accessories. Accessories for other machines, even other machines by Respironics, are not compatible and will not work with the DreamStation. See the "Replacement Parts" page for the DreamStation machine to see compatible replacement parts and accessories.
CPAP.com cannot provide troubleshooting steps for DreamMapper Software or for 3rd Party Software. If you have questions regarding software or the DreamMapper app, please contact the manufacturer.
If the optional humidifier is not purchased, the DreamStation will come with a standard, non-heated 15mm hose. The machine also has a setting for a larger 22mm hose if desired. Ensure the correct tube setting is selected for the hose being used so that effective therapy is provided.
If the optional heated tube is purchased and connected, the machine will automatically change the tube setting to 15mm and it cannot be adjusted. The optional heated tube should be washed regularly with warm water and a mild soap. Ensure the tube and all connections are completely dry before use. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though it will not heat.
The DreamStation will come with the dark blue reusable filter installed, and the lighter blue disposable filter uninstalled. To attach the disposable filter to the reusable filter, place it underneath the reusable filter with the slotted side facing up, and the longer edge facing the side of the reusable filter that faces the outside of the machine. Line up the filters and press the reusable filter down to connect the two together, then slide the combined filters into the machine.
The optional humidifier has replaceable parts such as the dry box assembly, lid seal, and dry box seals that should be replaced if damaged or worn. See the replacement parts section of this page to view all available parts. The humidifier chamber is dishwasher safe and should be washed regularly to avoid mineral deposits and ensure cleanliness. When removing the water chamber and placing back in the humidifier, carefully use both hands to hold the chamber steady to avoid spilling of water into the humidifier or machine. Do not exceed the max fill lines on the chamber or water may escape out of the chamber.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Power Supply and DC Cable Tips
The 80 watt power supply included with the DreamStation machine will power the optional heated humidifier and heated tube. The power supply is found behind the divider inside the carry bag with the look and hoop fasteners. The DreamStation power supply is the only power supply that will work with the DreamStation machines. Power supplies for other machines including previous Respironics machines, are not compatible. Similarly, the DreamStation-specific DC cable is the only DC cable compatible with the DreamStation machines, other DC cables will not work.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The DreamStation 80W power supply is compatible with 100 - 240 V AC power. If used internationally, a wall plug adapter must be used, such as the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs. The power supply that does not include the cord that connects to the wall. That cord can be found here
The shielded DC cord allows a DreamStation machine to be plugged in to a cigarette-style DC outlet to be powered while away from AC power. The shielded DC cord will power the machine, humidifier, and heated tube. This DC cord is compatible with DreamStation machines only and is not compatible with any other machine.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Add the DreamStation 12V Power Adapter for C-100 & Freedom CPAP Travel Battery Packs to connect the DreamStation BiPAP® Auto to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
The Respironics Lithium Ion Travel Battery Kit is intended for use with 50 Series, 60 Series, and DreamStation machines. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) mode is designed to help the battery kick in automatically if AC power fails. This mode ensures power is never lost to the CPAP machine, even after power from the outlet is disconnected. When AC power is available again, the battery will be bypassed, and AC will resume powering the machine. The battery weighs 2.25 lbs and is FAA approved for use on flights. The kit includes a travel case, device cord, and 50 Series adapters used to connect the machine to the battery as well as connect the battery to the power supply for charging. This kit does not include a power supply as it is designed to operate from the machine's power supply.
The manufacturer states the Respironics battery has a run time of 14 hours with a pressure of 10cm H20 or lower, excluding a heated tube humidifier.