Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
For patients with more complex diagnoses than Obstructive Sleep Apnea, an Auto SV machine may be your only treatment option—and the DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV is one of the best. The DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV machine is capable of delivering these advanced treatments in a device that's 100% automatic.
You can rest easy and leave your worries about sleep behind, as the DreamStation Auto SV machine will take over and handle every aspect of your respiratory care while you sleep. If your treatment is successful, you'll wake up feeling refreshed, and ready to face the day.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
The DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV machine is designed to treat the following conditions:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Complex Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Breathing
- Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
Looking for the BIPAP version of this machine? Please visit the page for the DreamStation BiPAP Auto.
If your breathing stops during the night, your DreamStation is designed to automatically step in and prompt you to draw another breath. If you also suffer from blockages of the upper airway, the DreamStation can intervene there too, and clear your airway so incoming air can reach your lungs. If your breathing gradually becomes increasingly shallow, the DreamStation can help get you back on track.
In fact, in the realm of treating breathing-related sleep conditions—there's not a lot that the DreamStation can't do.
Features & Benefits
- Prompts Breathing if Respiration Stops
- Helps Resolve Airway Obstructions
- INCLUDED: Heated Humidifier
- All Settings Automatically Adjust
- Remote Troubleshooting
- Stay Connected with the DreamMapper App
- Share Your Compliance Data with WiFi, Bluetooth, and Cellular
Restores Breathing if Respiration Stops
Central Sleep Apnea is a condition where the brain does not send the signal to the lungs to breathe. In this situation, a CPAP machine or an APAP machine isn't going to help because they lack the sophisticated technology needed to get you to draw another breath. An Auto SV machine like this DreamStation is designed to handle this type of situation, automatically detecting and instantly treating Central Sleep Apnea in a way that won't cause you to wake up. This way you can sleep well and wake up feeling refreshed.
Helps Resolve Airway Obstructions
If your airway becomes blocked from the relaxed muscles of the mouth and throat during sleep, your DreamStation can get you back on track by helping clear the obstruction. In doing so, air will be able to reach your lungs and you'll get more productive and restful sleep.
INCLUDED: Heated Humidifier
Nothing's worse than waking up with a dried-out throat and painful sinuses. The DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV includes a heated humidifier, designed to provide warm, moist, and comfortable air while you sleep so that when you wake up you won't experience the discomfort of dry-mouth or dried-out sinuses.
All Settings Automatically Adjust
Don't worry about the settings on your DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV. The device studies your breathing while you sleep, and then makes automatic pressure adjustments based on the results of those calculations. It will also intervene to treat Central and Complex Sleep Apnea automatically, so you won't need to worry about your breathing. Lay back and relax: your DreamStation has it covered.
Stay Connected with the DreamMapper App
Get a full report about your sleep from the previous night with the DreamMapper App. It will provide details like your AHI, number of events, and how well your mask was connected. It will also detail how long you used the machine. You'll be able to stay on top of your therapy data and get the most out of your treatment.
Remote Troubleshooting with Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular
No matter where you travel, you'll always be connected to your treatment team and experts who can troubleshoot your device from miles away. Your DreamStation is a complicated machine, and when it doesn't work right, you won't need to schedule a maintenance appointment. Your machine can connect to the cloud and be paired with experts who can get it back on track, no matter where you are.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Carrying Case
- SD Card
- User Manual
- Blue Reusable Filter
- Light Blue Disposable Filter
- Dimensions: 11 in L x 7.5 in W x 3.3 in H (with Humidifier)
- Weight: 4.37 pounds with Humidifier
- Electrical Requirements: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0 Amps
- Sound Pressure Level: 27.9 dBA
- Ramp: 0 - 45 Minutes
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years
- Pressure Range: 4 - 30 cm/h2O
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Replacing Air Filters
Here are the steps to replace the air filters:
- On the right-hand side of the device is the filter access door. Lift up the lid to reveal the filter assembly.
- Remove the existing filter by lifting it up and pulling it out.
- Take a reusable filter from its packaging and pair it with a disposable filter by snapping both pieces together so they form one piece.
- Slide both filters back into place in the same spot where you ejected the used filter.
- Close the filter access door.
Positioning the Device
The manufacturer recommends positioning the DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV below your sleeping position and then running tubing from the machine up to your mask. The machine has a start and stop button to begin and end therapy, but it doesn't have an on / off switch. The only way to turn the machine off is to unplug it.
Starting / Stopping Therapy
To start therapy, please follow these instructions.
- Locate the large rectangular button on top of the machine. This is the start button. It can also be used to stop the machine.
- Press the start button and therapy will begin.
- To stop therapy, press the start button a second time, and therapy will stop.
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is an ASV Machine?
- An ASV machine uses advanced technology to treat Central Sleep Apnea and Complex Sleep Apnea. Central Sleep Apnea is a condition in which the brain doesn't send the signal to breathe, and differs from Obstructive Sleep Apnea in that there doesn't need to be an obstruction in order for breathing to pause. Unlike a CPAP machine, which has no way to prompt breathing, an ASV machine is able to get your breathing back on track by using pulses of air to get you to take a breath if your breathing stops. An ASV is also able to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea, which makes it an ideal candidate to treat Complex Sleep Apnea, a condition where Central Sleep Apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apnea occur at the same time.
- Are There Alternative Treatments for Central and Complex Sleep Apnea?
- Complex Sleep Apnea and Central Sleep Apnea are both too complex to be treated with positional therapy or nose cones since they both deal with pauses in breathing. At this time an AutoSV machine is the only treatment available for Complex Sleep Apnea and Central Sleep Apnea.