"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis battery pack has worked well the few times I've had to use it. With my Remstar Auto at 10 cm, it lasts for about 6 - 7 hours."
August 27, 2011
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERA must if you like to travel where there is no power, I do and this has allowed me to car camp and battery camp!"
December 6, 2011
Are you concerned about not being able to use your CPAP machine in the event of a power failure? Are you are interested in taking your CPAP on a weekend getaway, vacation, or camping where there is no electricity? At last there is a convenient, cost effective way to run your CPAP machine from an external battery source, that is less than half the weight and size of any CPAP battery pack in its class.
CPAP.com is proud to bring you one of the smallest, lightest, CPAP battery packs on the market. The battery weighs just 1.25 pounds and the entire kit is only 2.02 pounds.
Manufactured by ProTechnologies Inc.
Lithium Ion Battery. This battery does not have typical "Battery Effect" issues, where you must discharge the battery before you can recharge. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. Using sophisticated circuitry, the battery pack is specially designed to limit the unit from under charging and over charging. The CPAP.com battery pack will take approximately 10 hours to fully charge.
Approved for Travel. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel.
Estimated Run Times. Please see the "Machine Pressure and Battery Performance" feature below to estimate the battery run time for your machine at your pressure setting. Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
12v DC Cable Not Included. This product does not include the 12 DC cable needed to power the cpap machine. This No DC Cable option is perfect for someone who already has a 12v DC cable for their cpap machine.
Complete Battery Kits Available. If you do not have a DC cable for your machine, you can select from one of the Battery Kits below that come with the parts needed to run the CPAP.com battery with your machine. Each Battery Kit lists the machines that are compatible for that kit. If you have any questions call our toll free number 800-356-5221 for assistance from a CPAP expert.
This Product Includes...
- 12v DC Lithium Ion Battery
- Battery Bag
- 0.9A Charger with 12 Ft Cable
The equivalent lithium content of the CPAP.com battery cells is less than 8 grams.
- Battery with Permanently Attached Connection: 1.25 lbs
- Battery Charger Weight: .39 lbs
- Battery + Battery Bag + Battery Charger: 2.02 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag: 4.5" x 5.5" x 3"
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: 8 grams
- Power Output Battery Pack: 14.4V / 6.75 Amp Hr / 97.2 Watt Hour / LI-Ion
- Battery Charger: 0.9A hr. / 16.8V
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.3A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 10 Hr.
- Charging Temperature: 32° to 113° Fahrenheit (0° to 45° Celsius)
- Use Temperature: -4° to 140° Fahrenheit (-20° to 60° Celsius)
- Shelf Life Without Use: 6 to 9 months
- Battery Life: 300 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 1 Year
- Disposal: Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
This model battery pack does not include the 12 Volt DC cable needed to power the CPAP machine.
The CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack is compatible with any CPAP machine that has a 12v DC input. This includes Respironics Remstar Series, Respironics M Series, Puritan Bennett 420 series and Resmed's S8 series CPAP machines. See the CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack Kits which include machine specific DC cables.
Charger Cable Warning: The CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack must be charged using the included specially designed battery charger. Using any other charger may damage the battery and become a fire hazard. The battery pack is shipped with a minimal charge and must be charged for ten hours before it can be used for the first time.
The battery pack must be recharged using standard AC 110v to 240v power, and cannot be recharged off of a battery or solar source.
Use 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter To Charge When AC Power Is Not Available: If you want to use a CPAP.com Battery and need a means of charging the battery while away from AC power such as camping outdoors, use the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter with your car, generator, or RV.
Not Intended to Power the Pure Sine Wave Inverter: Some CPAP and BiPAP machines require a very clean power to operate and must use a DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Resmed S8 Machines when operating with a DC power source. The CPAP.com Battery Kit is not intended to be used to power a Sine Wave Inverter and CPAP or BiPAP machine.
The CPAP.com Battery Pack will not work with the AEIOmed Everest Polaris 19V Mobile Converter: There is not enough voltage from the battery to support the Converter.
Air Travel: The CPAP.com Battery Pack uses lithium ion batteries which are allowed as carry-on luggage by the FAA and TSA. In-flight use will be determined by the airline and should be contacted on an airline-by-airline basis.
Use ONLY the included Charger to charge the CPAP.com Battery Pack
- Plug the AC outlet adapter of the charger into a standard 110 volt household electrical outlet. If charging outside the United States using 240V current, an appropriate outlet adapter will be required. The battery cannot be charged from a solar or battery source unless an inverter is used to change DC to AC power.
- Plug the 12V power adapter (cigarette lighter adapter) of the charger into the 12V DC power port of the battery pack.
- Both lights on the charger turn red once connected to the wall outlet and battery. The light on the AC outlet adapter shows red when the battery is charging and turns green when the battery is fully charged. The light on the 12V power is always red and indicates the charger is plugged into a wall outlet.
- When the light on the AC outlet adapter turns green the battery pack is fully charged. The light on the 12V power adapter will continue to be red.
- Charge time takes up to 10 hours when starting with a fully discharged battery. Do not leave the battery connected to the charger for more than 12 hours.
- When the battery pack is fully charged, disconnect the battery pack from the charger and disconnect the AC outlet adapter from the wall outlet. Do not overcharge the battery. The light on the 12V power adapter will remain RED even when the battery is fully charged and the light on the AC outlet has turned GREEN.
- If not used, you can expect the battery to hold a charge for to 6 to 9 months. Recharge at that time.
REGARDING HEATED HUMIDIFIERS:
Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
Please note that some heated humidifiers are not capable of being operated on 12 volt battery power sources. The M Series heated humidifiers with the 6'' 'pigtail' connectors are capable of running on 12volt DC power sources. Earlier model M Series heated humidifiers without the pigtail are not 12Volt capable, nor are the Legacy model REMstar and stand-alone H2 humidifiers.
For optimum performance of your battery pack, plan to use your CPAP without the heated humidifier. You may have the humidifier connected and filled with water, but without the power turned on. This changes a typical heated humidifier into a passive humidifier.
We suggest purchasing your battery pack far enough in advance so that the battery can be tested with the your CPAP machine. To determine the actual amount of power time you will receive and whether or not heated humidification is required for your comfort, test the battery at home before traveling.
This is a lithium ion battery. The equivalent lithium content is less than 8 grams. The DC power specifications of this batter are:
- 6.75 Amp Hr
- 97.2 Watt Hour
The CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack must be charged using the included specially designed 0.9A / 16.8V battery charger. Using any other charger may damage the battery and become a fire hazard.
The battery pack is shipped with a minimal charge and must be charged for 10 hours before it can be used for the first time.
The battery pack must be recharged using standard AC 110v to 240v power, and cannot be recharged off of a battery or solar source. However, the battery may be charged using an inverter which changes DC to AC power. And example of this is: 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What type of power does my CPAP need?
- Most CPAP, APAP and BiLevel machines today are designed to operate on both AC and DC voltage. In the United States, the AC current from a wall outlet is 110 volts. Overseas, the AC current is usually 220 or 240 volt. Most batteries produce 12 volt DC current.
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
- Will my CPAP operate on DC / battery power?
- All CPAPs will operate on DC power with the use of an Inverter to change the current from DC to AC before it reaches the machine. However, many will operate on DC power without the need for an inverter, just a power cord that plugs into the CPAP and ends in a cigarette lighter plug.
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
- Will my CPAP operate overseas?
- An adapter may be required to plug a US power cord into a wall outlet in a foreign country. CPAP.com sells an assortment pack of World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs, which allow CPAP machines to plug into different types of wall sockets found in different countries.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
- How do I use a battery to operate my CPAP?
- All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
HAVING the proper equipment IS the biggest KEY TO successfully operating the machine FROM a battery. FOR EXAMPLE, IF your machine does have a DC outlet AND you want TO run your machine FROM a marine battery, be sure TO get the correct DC cable FOR the machine, AS well AS an adapter cable WITH alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits WITH everything you need FOR many machines including the correct cables FOR those machines AND batteries. You can see IF there IS a battery kit available FOR your machine Here. IF you have questions about the SPECIFIC POWER needs of your machine, review the 'POWER' tab FOUND ON the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- What type of battery should I use?
- For longer battery use, we suggest using a deep-cycle marine battery to power the machine. A deep-cycle marine battery is heavier than the ordinary battery, but it has many advantages. The battery is easily found at auto shops and it provides power to the machine for an extended period of time. For example, a CPAP machine set at 10 cm H20 and charged on a deep-cycle marine battery will usually last three nights before it needs to be recharged.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
- How do I prepare for power outages with CPAP?
- There are a lot of back up battery choices out there that can give you peace of mind in case of a power outage. The Transcend Travel CPAP Machine has Battery Options available that can set up as a fail-over, back up battery. Review the 'POWER' Tab on the machine page.
CPAP.com sells Battery Packs to accompany your machine if an integrated battery is not available. Visit CPAPtalk for more advice specific to your needs, or view this past thread on the topic here.