CPAP.com Battery Kit for Most Philips Respironics and Covidien Machines
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
CPAP.com Battery Kit for Respironics Overview
Are you concerned about not being able to use your CPAP machine in the event of a power failure? Are you interested in taking your CPAP on a weekend getaway, vacation, or camping where there is no electricity? At last there is a convenient, cost effective way to run your CPAP machine from an external battery source.
CPAP.com is proud to bring you one of the smallest, lightest, CPAP battery packs on the market. Please see below for the list of compatible machines for this battery kit. That battery itself weighs just 1.25 pounds!
The CPAP.com Battery Kit for Most Philips Respironics and Covidien Machines includes the CPAP.com Battery Pack and the DC cable compatible with most of the older machines made by Philips Respironics and Covidien machines. This kit is NOT compatible with the PR System One 60 Series Machines which use the heated hose. Please review the listings below of compatible and non-compatible machines.Small & Lightweight. The 1.25 lb CPAP.com Battery Pack is surprisingly small and lightweight. It features robust power that is rarely seen in battery packs twice its size and weight. Including the battery, carry pouch and battery charger, the battery kit is just 2.02 pounds. Adding the included 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) to the kit takes the weight to 2.63 pounds.
Lithium Ion Battery. This battery does not have typical "Battery Effect" issues, where you must discharge the battery before you can recharge. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. Using sophisticated circuitry, the battery pack is specially designed to limit the unit from under charging and over charging. The CPAP.com battery pack will take approximately 10 hours to fully charge.
Approved for Travel. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel.
Estimated Run Times. Please see the "Machine Pressure and Battery Performance" feature below to estimate the battery run time for your machine at your pressure setting. Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
Compatible Machines. This battery kit comes with the CPAP.com battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord. If you have any questions call our toll free number 800-356-5221 for assistance from a CPAP expert. The following machines are compatible for this kit:
Philips Respironics Compatible Machines
- M Series DS100 CPAP Machine
- M Series Plus with C-Flex CPAP Machine
- M Series Plus C-Flex CPAP Machine with SmartCard Module
- M Series Pro C-Flex CPAP Machine
- M Series Auto CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex
- M Series BIPAP Plus with Bi-Flex
- M Series BIPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine (50 Series)
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex (50 Series)
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex (50 Series)
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto SV Advanced (50 Series)
- PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine (50 Series)
- REMstar Plus C-Flex CPAP
- REMstar Pro 2 C-Flex CPAP Machine
- REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP Machine
- Synchrony BiPAP Machine
- Synchrony ST BiPAP Machine
Covidien (Puritan Bennett) Compatible Machines
- GoodKnight 425 Bilevel Machine
- GoodKnight 425 ST Bilevel Machine
- Sandman Auto CPAP Machine
- Sandman Auto HC CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- Sandman Info HC CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- Sandman Intro CPAP Machine
- Sandman Intro HC CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- Sandman Duo BiLevel CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- Sandman Duo ST BiLevel CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
Non-Compatible Machines. This battery kit will NOT work with the following Respironics and Puritan Bennett machines PLUS Any machine which does not have a DC connection:
- ALL PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines are NOT Compatible
- REMstar BiPAP Plus
- REMstar BiPAP Pro
- REMstar BiPAP Pro 2 with Bi-Flex
- REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- BiPAP ST New Gray Model
- REMstar BiPAP Auto SV
- REMstar BiPAP Auto SV Advanced
- REMstar BiPAP AVAPS Machine
- GoodKnight 420E Auto CPAP Machine
- GoodKnight 420G Travel CPAP Machine
- GoodKnight 420SP Travel CPAP Machine
- SleepEasy CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- SleepEasy II CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier and C-Flex
Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE the DC12 Converter when drawing power directly from a DC battery source (no inverter and no humidifier). Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. ResMed S8 machines with a Humidaire heated humidifier (h3i and H4i) require a pure AC power source in order for the humidifier to work properly. The Humidiare humidifier is disabled when using the DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines. You will need the DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter to operate both.
This Product Includes...
- 12v DC Lithium Ion Battery
- Battery Bag
- 0.9A Charger with 12 Ft Cable
- Respironics 12v DC Power Cable
- 3A Fuse Installed in Cord
- 5A Fuse in Cord Package
- 7A Fuse in Cord Package
The equivalent lithium content of the CPAP.com battery cells is less than 8 grams.
The CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines comes with the CPAP.com battery and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. The weight of the entire kit is approximately 2.7 pounds.
- Battery with Permanently Attached Connection: 1.25 lbs
- Battery Charger Weight: .39 lbs
- Battery + Battery Bag + Battery Charger: 2.02 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag: 4.5" x 5.5" x 3"
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: 8 grams
- Power Output Battery Pack: 14.4V / 6.75 Amp Hr / 97.2 Watt Hour / LI-Ion
- Battery Charger: 0.9A hr. / 16.8V
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.3A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 10 Hr.
- Charging Temperature: 32° to 113° Fahrenheit (0° to 45° Celsius)
- Use Temperature: -4° to 140° Fahrenheit (-20° to 60° Celsius)
- Shelf Life Without Use: 6 to 9 months
- Battery Life: 300 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 1 Year
- Disposal: Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
Specs For: 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket)
Cord Length (Excluding Power Outlet Adapter): 6 Ft
Cord Length (Including Power Outlet Adapter): 6 Ft 4 In
Entire Cord Weight: 10 Ounces
Battery Requirement: 12 VDC
Fuse Replacement: Use ONLY Respironics 7 Amp; 5 Amp; 3 Amp
Cord Manufacturer Warranty Period: 90 Days
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Not Compatible with PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines: This Battery Kit is for use with PR System One 50 Series Machines and is not compatible with the PR System One 60 Series Machines which use the Heated Tube Humidifier. Interested in a battery kit for use with the 60 Series Machine? Visit this page: Respironics Battery Kit for PR System One 60 Series Machines.
Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE THE DC12 Converter for S8 Machines in conjunction with any battery source, when using an S8 or S8 II machine. Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. Consider purchasing the CPAP.com Battery Kit for S8 Machines when selecting a battery for your RESmed machine.
ResMed VPAP Auto 25 and VPAP ST
The ResMed VPAP Auto 25 and VPAP ST use a different cord, DC-24 Converter For ResMed. Refer to the Respironics Battery Kit for ResMed VPAP Auto 25, VPAP Malibu & VPAP ST Machines for a battery kit for these machines.
Use 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter To Charge When AC Power Is Not Available: If you want to use a CPAP.com Battery and need a means of charging the battery while away from AC power such as camping outdoors, use the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter with your car, generator, or RV.
Not Intended to Power the Pure Sine Wave Inverter: Some CPAP and BiPAP machines require a very clean power to operate and must use a DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Resmed S8 Machines when operating with a DC power source. The CPAP.com Battery Kit is not intended to be used to power a Sine Wave Inverter and CPAP or BiPAP machine.
Use ONLY the included Charger to charge the CPAP.com Battery Pack
- Plug the AC outlet adapter of the charger into a standard 110 volt household electrical outlet. If charging outside the United States using 240V current, an appropriate outlet adapter will be required. The battery cannot be charged from a solar or battery source unless an inverter is used to change DC to AC power.
- Plug the 12V power adapter (cigarette lighter adapter) of the charger into the 12V DC power port of the battery pack.
- Both lights on the charger turn red once connected to the wall outlet and battery. The light on the AC outlet adapter shows red when the battery is charging and turns green when the battery is fully charged. The light on the 12V power is always red and indicates the charger is plugged into a wall outlet.
- When the light on the AC outlet adapter turns green the battery pack is fully charged. The light on the 12V power adapter will continue to be red.
- Charge time takes up to 10 hours when starting with a fully discharged battery. Do not leave the battery connected to the charger for more than 12 hours.
- When the battery pack is fully charged, disconnect the battery pack from the charger and disconnect the AC outlet adapter from the wall outlet. Do not overcharge the battery. The light on the 12V power adapter will remain RED even when the battery is fully charged and the light on the AC outlet has turned GREEN.
- If not used, you can expect the battery to hold a charge for to 6 to 9 months. Recharge at that time.
How to Tell the Difference Between a 60 Series and 50 Series Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 SeriesMachines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Machines label identification on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
REGARDING HEATED HUMIDIFIERS:
When using a heated humidifier with a CPAP, the fuse in the Philips Respironics DC cable MUST be changed out from the 3AMP to 7AMP. If this is not done, the 3AMP fuse will blow out and the DC cable will no longer function.
Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
Please note that some heated humidifiers are not capable of being operated on 12volt battery power sources. The later M Series heated humidifiers with the 6'' 'pigtail' connectors are capable of running on 12volt DC power sources. Earlier model M Series heated humidifiers without the pigtail are not 12Volt capable, nor are the Legacy model REMstar and stand-alone H2 humidifiers.
For optimum performance of your battery pack, plan to use your CPAP without the heated humidifier. You may have the humidifier connected and filled with water, but without the power turned on. This changes a typical heated humidifier into a passive humidifier.
We suggest purchasing your battery pack far enough in advance so that the battery can be tested with the your CPAP machine. To determine the actual amount of power time you will receive and whether or not heated humidification is required for your comfort, test the battery at home before traveling.
This is a lithium ion battery. The equivalent lithium content is less than 8 grams. The DC power specifications of this batter are:
- 6.75 Amp Hr
- 97.2 Watt Hour
The CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack must be charged using the included specially designed 0.9A / 16.8V battery charger. Using any other charger may damage the battery and become a fire hazard.
The battery pack is shipped with a minimal charge and must be charged for 10 hours before it can be used for the first time.
The battery pack must be recharged using standard AC 110v to 240v power, and cannot be recharged off of a battery or solar source. However, the battery may be charged using an inverter which changes DC to AC power. And example of this is: 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
CPAP.com sells Battery Packs to accompany your machine if an integrated battery is not available. Visit CPAPtalk for more advice specific to your needs, or view this past thread on the topic here.
For three years I use this battery every three weeks for overnight train travel. Did not loose the charge. I recharge next day after use and keeps the charge till next use. Simply works as expected. more...
1 person found this helpful.
My battery pack arrived very quickly and after a one night test run, I am very happy with my puchase. My suggestions for improvement would be to add a way to charge the battery via a car charger and a carry bag big enough to hold the battery & cords. Fortunately my cpap carry bag is large enough to carry everything so the little bag I received was not necessary. more...
2 people found this helpful.
Nice compact unit. Plenty of power to run ny CPAP.
The size and capacity of this battery kit is exactly what I needed. I need this battery pack for an upcoming overseas flight, so that I can use my CPAP while in flight. It really will not add very much weight or volume to the REMstar that I will bring on board the flight. Additionally, I have always wanted a backup power source for whenever storms knock out our electricity at home. I tested the fully-charged battery overnight a few days ago, and it still had plenty of capacity after six hours of use. It recharged in about 3-4 hours, so that is why I know it still had plenty of capacity left. more...
I will be going on an African Safari this fall and part of this adventure entails lodging out in the Serengeti in 'tent camp sites'. No electricity in the tents themselves. This Battery kit appears to be the solution to this problem. In my test scenario, I fully charged the battery and then used it to see if it would provide the necessary power to run my CPAP for the entire night. It worked great! No problems at all and provided power to my unit for 7 1/2 hrs. I did disconnect my humidifying unit as I was told that it would place a larger drain on the battery. I then recharged the battery once again and it took about 3 1/2 hrs to get the green light indicating that the battery is now fully charged. The real test comes this fall but I feel very confident that this will work for me just fine. It is compact and the battery itself weighs only 2 1/2 lbs. I am very pleased with this product. more...
7 people found this helpful.