ComfortPAP Auto 804 CPAP Machine with Therapy Software
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereXT Auto CPAP Machine
The ComfortPAP Auto is packed with features. It is one of the lightest APAPs on the market. Best of all, the ComfortPAP comes with therapy management software and is backed by a two year manufacturer's warranty. You can plan on this machine lasting as long as any other CPAP on the market.
This model is no longer available. A suitable replacement would be the XT Auto, a small, compact auto-adjusting CPAP machine designed to keep costs down and allow you to easily pack it for travel.
ComfortPAP Auto Algorithm
The ComfortPAP monitors the user's breathing performance through a set of pressure sensors inside the machine. The sensors measure flow limitations such as snoring and apneas on a breath-by-breath basis. Therapy begins at a set minimum pressure. If the ramp feature is turned on, pressure starts at an initial setting and slowly increases to the minimum therapy pressure and continues until a sleeping event occurs. When the user's airflow show signs of limitation, the algorithm gently increases up to the the maximum set pressure or until the event ends. Once the event clears, pressures gradually decrease to the minimum set pressure.
For example, as you sleep on your side, pressures will stay at a minimum because your airway is open. Turning on your back can collapse the airway and the ComfortPAP will increase up to the maximum pressure or until conditions change. The algorithm also recognizes other conditions like sinus colds or allergies, which restrict nasal airflow. The ComfortPAP will increase treatment pressure accordingly, for whatever event may occur.
Optional Heated Humidifier
Take advantage of the ComfortPAP's integrated heated humidifier that provides six levels of moisture along with your therapy. The heater plate warms the water up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit and has an indicator light that turns from green to orange in the event that the system overheats. If this occurs, the heater plate will turn off until the system cools to the proper temperature and heating then resumes.
To make maintenance easy, the ComfortPAP water chamber disassembles for easy cleaning. Use the extraction tool, found on top of the humidifier base, to remove the chamber base. Slide the edge of the tool into the indention on the remark of the water chamber. Once the base is off, the internal baffle can also be removed for cleaning. The baffle prevents water from spilling due to shaking or similar movement.
APAP Therapy Software
Every ComfortPAP machine comes with software! ComfortPAP Software tracks basic and advanced therapy data such as Apnea/Hypopnea indexes, snoring events, and flow limitations. Daily readings can be viewed directly from the ComfortPAP Menu button, but values are reset at the beginning of your next session and can only be viewed as a history within the ComfortPAP software. Data and reports that are included with this software are as follows:
Total Time Report
The Total Time Tab displays a general overview of the device operating records for each day. The Usage Profile Range (right panel) displays the time of day during which the device is running. A 24-hour period is shown as a horizontal bar, and starts at 12pm (noon) in order to capture one night on a continuous single line (since the devices is typically used at night).
Therapy Summary Report
The summary report displays patient and clinical details, patient notes, compliance times and efficacy statistics Compliance Times are an overview of the compliance records for each day. The Compliance Usage Profile Range displays the times during the day where the patient is receiving treatment. A 24-hour period is shown as a horizontal bar and begins at 12pm in order to capture one night on a continuous single line.
The Daily Details Tab shows the latest 72-hour usage data including pressure, detected events and leak rate. Compliance time measures the duration in which the device is delivering airflow AND the patient is wearing the mask.
Long Term Trends
This report allows you to select a period range and to set the minimal compliance in hours. This report shows various statistical information regarding average pressure, leakage, compliance and events. The Pressure Graph is a histogram that displays the average pressure levels delivered on any particular a day. Analysis data is also collected for the following:
Total days: total number of days in the configurable range.
Number of Days: total number of days the patient did and did not use the device
Days/Period: percentage of days with device usage and without device usage.
Total Compliance: accumulated compliance time (in hours and minutes).
Average Compliance: average daily compliance time per day.
Minimum Compliance: least amount of compliance time for any one day (in hours and minutes)
Maximum Compliance: The most amount of compliance time for any one day (in hours and minutes)
Percent of days with usage greater than or equal to total number of hours/days: The percentage of days that reached a minimum number of compliance hours
This Product Includes...
- ComfortPAP APAP Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- Reusable Filter
- All Manuals
- Power Cord
- USB to Mini USB Download Cable
- Mini SD Memory Card
- APAP Therapy Software
|Pressure Range||4cm to 20cm H2O|
|Initial Pressure||3cm to 19cm H2O|
|Maximum Pressure||5cm to 20cm H2O|
|Minimum Pressure||4cm to 19cm H2O|
|Ramp Time||0 to 45 min; 5 minute increments|
|Starting Ramp Pressure||From 3cm up to CPAP pressure (19 max), patient-adjustable|
|Dimensions||5.7" x 5.1" x 3.9"|
|Weight||CPAP: 1.76 lbs.|
|Altitude Compensation||Manual - maximum height 8000 feet.|
|Electrical Requirements||100 - 240 AC|
System Requirements for Software
- Pentium 350Mhz or Higher
- 128 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive compatible with multimedia computer
- VGA or higher resolution monitor
- Minimum hard disc space 50MB
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- O2 Enrichment Adapter
- Respironics Bacteria Filter
- Tubing Elbow Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines
We recommend using a CPAP hose without a universal hose or hose quick connect.
CPAP Mode Features
The ramp time, ramp start pressure and therapy(single) pressure are only available in CPAP mode. These functions are not available when set to APAP mode. Also, even though the ramp feature on the ComfortPAP can be set to (0) zero, the machine will still take approximately 2 minutes to reach your full therapy pressure.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: ComfortPAP 804 CPAP Machine.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
These CPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Respironics Battery Kit with 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
This battery kit comes with an external 400 Watt DC to AC power inverter for CPAP and BiPAP machines. The kit provides AC power for machines that do not come with a DC input. Use your machine's AC cord to connect to the power inverter. The Respironics portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
I purchased this unit as a replacement to my old set up and what a great choice! This unit is more...
6 people found this helpful.
It is an excellent machine and reasonably easy to setup and program
3 people found this helpful.
This is light weight and excellent for travel. My only complaint is that I cannot find a mask that doesn't more...
5 people found this helpful.
I never knew that a CPAP machine could be so quiet. I have had the same machine for 20 more...
9 people found this helpful.
Glad I ordered and that the APAP humidifier combo arrived earlier this week. Have sinusitis now but unlike CPAP, more...
9 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerEVOResMedResMedTypeAPAPAPAPAPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level30 dB26.6 dBA30 dBAQuietNoYesNoManuals IncludedPatient/ClinicianPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight1.76 lbs2.750.66 lbsEntire Weight5.3 lbs5.1 lbs2.06 lbsEntire Size14.5" x 13" x 10"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"NAEntire Package Size15.8" x 13" x 10"13.24" x 10" x 5"12.25 in L x 4.6 in W x 3Machine Size Only5.8” x 5” x 3.9”NA5.4 in L x 3.3 in W x 2.1
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierComfortPAPHumidAirNoBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InNAAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity380mLNA
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20 cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingNoAutoSet with EPRAutoSet with EPRRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesNoVoltage Range100–240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataMSD; OSYesYesData CardMiniSD CardYesNoOptional SoftwareComfortPAP SoftwareResScanAirMini App
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentNoYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesNoBacklight Shuts OffYesNA