REMstar BiPAP ST Gray Model with Smart Card
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model herePR System One REMstar BiPAP ST Machine
This machine uses an advanced algorithm to track and match a patients breathing pattern), adjustable RiseTime, integrated alarms and improved leak compensation.
This Product Includes...
- BiPAP ST New Gray Model
- Smart Card
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- 2 Reusable Foam Filters
- 1 White Disposable Filter
- Filter Cover
- Power Supply
- 6 Foot AC Extension Cable
- Operating Temperature 41 deg F to 95 deg F
- Storage Temperature -4 deg F to 140 deg F
- Atmospheric Pressure 83-102 kPascals
- Storage Atmospheric Pressure 50-102 kPascals
- Elevation 0-5600 ft. with automatic altitude adjustment
- Noise Level No specification is given because various test instruments, test procedures and unit operating conditions produce varying results.
- Fuses There are replaceable fuses in this device.
- AC Voltage Source 100-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz
- DC Input Voltage 24 VDC (when operated with the external DC power supply)
- AC Current Consumption 1.25 A maximum
- DC Current Consumption 3.0 A maximum
- Protection Against Electrical Shock Class II
- Degree of Protection Against Electrical Shock Type BF Applied Part
- Degree of Protection Against Harmful Ingress of Water Ordinary Equipment, IPX0
External AC and External DC Power Supply IPX1
- Mode of Operation Continuous
- IEC 60601-1 Medical Electrical Equipment, Part 1 General Requirements for Safety and essential performance.
- Modes Bi-Level, CPAP
- IPAP 4 to 30 cm H2O
- EPAP 4 to 25 cm H2O
- BPM from 0 to 30
- Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
The pictured Remstar Heated Humidifier is not included and can be purchased separately.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Respironics Legacy BiPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Respironics RP-DC Power Adapter
Respironics Legacy BiPAP machines come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the BiPAP to an external DC battery source. This cord is ideal for travel by recreational vehicle, boat, or any external DC battery that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
BiPAP and BiPAP ST machines are similar, as they are both designed to provide the same airway pressure. The difference between a BiPAP and a BiPAP ST is the Spontaneous Timed feature. The ST responds to the user when the minimum number of breaths per minute has not been met. This machine ensures all breaths occur by triggering the user to take another breath within the minute.
For example, a BiPAP might be set at the following:
- Inhalation Pressure - 10
- Exhalation Pressure - 5
A BiPAP ST might be set at the following:
- Inhalation Pressure - 10
- Exhalation Pressure - 5
- 12 BPM (Breath Per Minute)
Some CPAP manufacturers maintain a proprietary software package that is only compatible with their machines.
Here is a list of each manufacturer and the name of its related full data software available:
- Curative Medical: AutoManager Software for Curasa CPAP Machines
- DeVilbiss: SmartLink 3.0 CD for DeVilbiss IntelliPAP and IntelliPAP 2 Machines
Compliance software provides data such as patient hours, total machine operating hours, pressure setting, and pressure relief information. Advance software includes compliance data, as well as more detailed data such as AHI (Apnea/Hypopnea Index), leakage, average pressure, and a graphical representation of data.
Compliance software is available with some standard CPAP machines. Advanced software is available with most top of the line CPAP machines, APAP machines, and BiLevel machines.
I am very pleased with the BIPAP S/T New Gray Model With Smart Card I resently purchased. The machine more...
6 people found this helpful.
I bought the BIPAP ST machine to have a back up to my Synchrony and to have a machine that more...
13 people found this helpful.
Having an old respironics ST model for 10years, it was time to upgrade. The first thing I noticed was how more...
7 people found this helpful.
I have central sleep apnea and have used three Respironic PAP machines, a CPAP, a BiLevel Auto M series and more...
16 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerRespironicsResMed3B MedicalTypeBiPAP STBiPAP AutoAuto BiLevelWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level30 dB26.6 dBA<30 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatient/Quick SetupPatient/Clinician
DimensionsTravel SizedNoYesNoUnder 3 lbsNoYesNoMachine Weight3.96 lbs2.75 lbs3.53 lbsEntire Weight4.65 lbs5.1 lbs7.48 lbsEntire Size13" x 7" x 5.5"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"12.3" x 7.6" x 4.4"Entire Package Size15" x 11.5" x 7"13.24" x 10" x 5"13" x 8" x 9"Machine Size Only9.45" x 6.69" x 4.72NA8.7" x 7.6" x 4.4"
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierRemstar HeatedHumidAirRESmartBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt-InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAuto ClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAirNoHumidifier Water Capacity380 mL350 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoYesYesPressure Range4-30cm H2O4-25 cm H2O4-25cm H2OEPAP Pressure Range4-25cm H2O3-25 cm H2O4-25cm H2OEasy BreathingNoEPR with Easy-BreatheRESlexRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeIPAP=EPAPYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesYesMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,202 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSYesYesData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareEncoreViewerResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoYesSpontaneousYesYesNoTimedYesNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYes