Zzz-PAP 'Silent Traveler' CPAP Machine
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereZ2 Standard Travel CPAP Machine
The Zzz-PAP is no longer available. Looking for a machine that is similar in price and size? The XT Fit CPAP is a great option currently available.
The Zzz-PAP is certainly easy to pack for travel, but most CPAPs stay on very small, crowded tables where size is also important. The Zzz-PAP takes up as much space as a CD case. Including the integrated heated humidifier, it has a footprint just a bit longer than half of a sheet of copy paper.
If your CPAP priorities are size and sound, the Zzz-PAP is the machine for you.
This product includes the Zzz-PAP Heated Humidifier.
This Product Includes...
- Zzz-PAP CPAP Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carry Case
- Reusable Filter
- All Manuals
- Power Cord
|Pressure Range||4cm to 20cm H2O (.5 increments)|
|Ramp Time||0 to 45 min; 5 minute increments|
|Starting Ramp Pressure||From 4cm up to CPAP pressure, patient-adjustable|
|Dimensions||5.7" x 5.1" x 3.9"|
|Weight||CPAP: 1.7 lbs.|
|Altitude Compensation||Manual - maximum height 8000 feet.|
|Electrical Requirements||100 - 240 AC|
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Even though the Ramp feature on the Zzz-PAP can be set to (0) Zero, the machine will still take approximately 2 minutes to reach your Full Pressure.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.Air Port and Tubing Size
The hose port on the PureSom is slightly smaller than the average size. We recommend using a CPAP hose without a universal hose or hose quick connect. For this reason, the PureSom CPAP machine will not work with:
- O2 Enrichment Adapter
- Respironics Bacteria Filter
- Tubing Elbow Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines
"Warn 002" Error Message and Resetting your Hour Meter
The Zzz-PAP's Hour Meter was designed to count from 0 to 9,999 hours. After several years of consistent use, the Zzz-PAP will reach its counting limit and the error message "Warn 002" will appear. The error message will only clear after you have manually reset the Total Meter (hour meter) using the Zzz-PAP display menu. Here are the instructions on how to reset the device:
- Press "MENU" to selet [TM XXX.X hr] menu while in the standby screen.
- Hold the "UP and "DOWN" button while simultaneously pressing the "MENU" button, all for one second. Meanwhile, [TM XXX.X hr] wil start blinking and "CLEAR" will show on the LCD display.
- Press "UP" or "DOWN" to change the LCD screen to read "CLEAR OK" and the Total Meter record will be erased, reseting the complaince meter back to 0.0 hrs.
- Press "MENU" to confirm the reset function.
- Press "START/STANDBY" button to go back to standby screen or leave the device to automatically go back to standby screen 5 seconds later.
These CPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Respironics Battery Kit with 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
This battery kit comes with an external 400 Watt DC to AC power inverter for CPAP and BiPAP machines. The kit provides AC power for machines that do not come with a DC input. Use your machine's AC cord to connect to the power inverter. The Respironics portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines. Alternatively visit Seat Guru , a website that works with most major airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
I own 3 (i travel alot and for work and have multiple places i reside and sleep. Its a great more...
I own 3 (i travel alot and for work and have multiple places i reside and sleep. Its a great more...
Awesome machine. Would like another one.
1 person found this helpful.
This products works great for me when I travel.
Light and easy to transport. Not happy with the noise level. The lack of back pressure availability is an issue more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerProbasicsResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level30-dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/Quick SetupPatientPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight1.76 lbs2.75 lbs1.87 lbsEntire Weight5.3 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size10" x 6.75" x 5.5"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size10.75" x 7.5"x8"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only5.7" x 5.1" x 3.9"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierZzz-PAP HumidifierHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoNoNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoNoNoHumidifier Water Capacity380 mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H2O4-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingNoEPRNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataNoNoNoData CardNoYesNoOptional SoftwareNoNoNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentManualYesManualAuto ON/OFFNoNoNoMask Off AlertNoNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffNoYesNo